Typically, in these emails we’ll make our case as to why you should support AOTL. We’ll talk about all of the work we do to protect democracy, fight gerrymandered maps, and protect against threats to voting rights. Of course, this is all true.
But for this email, we’ll let the vote-suppressing extremists do the talking. Here are some quotes from the far-right on redistricting and voting rights:
- “I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American— voter-turnout machine.” - Doug Preisse, Franklin County Republican Party
- “I don’t want everyone to vote.” - Paul Weyrich, Heritage Foundation
- “If you look at the statistics, African American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans." - Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader
- "We are in the business of rigging elections.”- Mark McDaniel, North Carolina State Senator
- “Republicans should look out for Republicans when drawing the lines for reapportionment.” - Alex Triantafilou, Hamilton County Republican Party
Are these the kinds of people that you want drawing maps and or making election laws? We didn’t think so. Donate to AOTL or risk having map-makers who can rig elections, make maps that solely benefit Republicans, and ignore minority communities.
|If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:|
|DONATE $15||DONATE $35|
|DONATE $50||DONATE $100|
|DONATE $250||Another Amount|
-- AOTL News Alert
All On The Line is the grassroots advocacy campaign supported by the National Redistricting Action Fund. Support our work to end gerrymandering.